terminal server recommendation

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Tue May 1 21:14:48 UTC 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Charles Smith wrote:

> I would like to deploy a terminal server in several of my POPs, however cost
> is a slight issue. Can anyone on the list recommend a fairly inexpensive
> terminal server (besides Cisco)? Obviously the terminal server should be
> reliable and work - it is the little things that count.

Get a used PM2e30...30 serial ports, and I bet you can find them for less
than $200. There are probably better options, but none cheaper.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access