black hat .cn networks

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Tue May 1 14:58:33 UTC 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:21:24PM -0700, Scott Raymond wrote:
> The Chinese government may not be publically encouraging the hackers
> to attack US sites, but they sure as hell aren't doing anything to
> discourage it.

Do we have any conclusive evidence indicating that the observed web
page defacing and the like actually originated from China?

Though even if so, it seems a bit infantile to blackhole an entire
continent over this recent nonsense, plus long-standing political
differences (falsely assuming for a moment that we all have border
routers capable of performing such ingress filtering without falling
to the floor, policies allowing it, etc...)  Especially since there
have been no really crippling network attacks even launched from China
thus far...

-adam