black hat .cn networks

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue May 1 00:01:12 UTC 2001

Walter Prue <prue at ISI.EDU> wrote:
> The folks in the US  who counterattack might be well advised to
> reconsider doing so.  I would imagine that traffic from the US would be
> closely monitored.  Any new hacking tricks that these counterattacks
> might use would then be recorded and analyzed.  These techniques could
> then be used by them to further attack the US.

Does anyone know if these China scares are for real?  The probability
they are simply Pentagon/Administration propaganda seems too high
to discount.  I ask because we've seen no increase in the (already
substantial) number of scans from CN/KR/HK/... netblocks.  Does
any hard evidence exist?

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting