California PUC orders outage notification

Bora Akyol akyol at akyol.org
Sat Mar 31 06:06:41 UTC 2001

I used to live in Turkey where we had daily blackouts at a scheduled
time. People planned their lives around the blackouts and life went on.
Of course since the new hydroelectric dams came on-line, this is not as
common as it used to be.

I'd prefer that over an unplanned outages both at my house and at my
work.

I don't understand why they don't go to planned blackouts instead of
unplanned blackouts. This may actually drive the demand down and price
with it. Plus maybe the population would decline with people migrating
to South Dakota and all (for those of you that are not living in the SF
Bay Area, S.D. has been advertising extensively on the radio as a good
place to do business with ample energy).

Bora