Clear Channel on a T1

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowledge.com
Mon Mar 26 09:11:33 UTC 2001

> <Bell Atlantic Tech> "If it's a T1, then it's B8ZS"
> <Me> "Then why can't I send all zeroes, but every other pattern works?"
> <Bell> "Hmm... lemme check...(pause)...try now"
> <Me> "Ok, it's working. Did you find an AMI segment?"
> <Bell> "I didn't change anything."
>
> Ticket closed, "No problem found".

In BT speak (in the UK) this is a "FNF" - Fault Not Found.

Notice the useful tense used there - so if later a fault is actually proven,
then the phrase means something different to the normal immediate
understanding people hear. I wonder how many marketing people they roped in
for this engineering process. 30 years ago.

(If people don't see what I mean, think "A fault was not found" vs. "The
fault was not found".)

Peter