Advice on colo locations in SJC

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:27:39 UTC 2001

All,

I'm just trying to work out a plan for building my network into the SJC
area. (I've got LA sorted - it looks like 1 Wilshire is the place to be -
or nearby!).

I'll be needing to hook up to MAE-West ATM, and to PAIX, bringing in
long-haul backbone circuits (from LA and probably an alternate route from
NY), and hopping out a few local circuits to the Bay area. Initially I'd
be looking for just 1 or two racks to house routers, but longer term would
need access to a larger colo space if we build a server farm. All colo
should be "neutral" where possible.

MAE-W looks to be in 55 South Market, SJ, and a few people seem to have
colo available there. Is that a good place to be? Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516
BBC Internet Services                | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/