Multiple Roots are "a good thing" - Karl Auerbach

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Mar 19 00:40:27 UTC 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 01:03:17PM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:

> > some days I'd rather have the UN do it...   :-)
>
> The ITU is a UN body, so is WIPO (a part of WTO).

If WIPO hadn't made some controversial decisions, I would suggest handing
over the root-servers to them. They are, AFAIK, the only truly
international organization.

But that only shifts the problem. The UN is also not an elected body, or at
least, it takes several levels of elections to reach them.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People