Multiple Roots are "a good thing" - Karl Auerbach

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Sun Mar 18 21:00:23 UTC 2001

That campaign has been on-going for quite a few years. It continues to go
nowhere. The rest of us are begining to get fed-up with the anti-progress.
Kent Crispin repeatedly claims that ICANN is a corporation and not a
democratic entity. In this case he is correct. I disagree with him that this
is a desired outcome. Crispin and Crocker are of the opinion that
(non-democratic) status quo is acceptable.

> Auerbach's proposal is not
> technically sound and
> is political suicide.

As someone who spoke with Karl before he wrote that proposal, there was a
lot involved that wasn't published.