Statements against new.net?

Simon Higgs simon at higgs.com
Sat Mar 17 20:59:21 UTC 2001

At 05:08 AM 3/17/01 -0500, you wrote:

>If it's *my* DNS server running on *my* equipment using *my* bandwidth,
>then I can do whatever I want to with it, right?

Good punt. But you're returning data owned elsewhere (like someone else's A
record). If you are responsible for returning accurate data to a public
audience, and it's not your data to alter, then you are liable for the
consequences. If you want to run a different .COM in private (i.e. no
public audience and no consequences), go right ahead.

>Why doesn't new.net start sending me monthly paychecks?  Since they're
>*all* about money, then if I am going to help them get their business off
>the ground, then where's mine?

Go ask them. (626) 229-7800.

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs