Statements against new.net?

Henry R. Linneweh linneweh at concentric.net
Sat Mar 17 17:29:25 UTC 2001

[OFF THE RECORD, UNOFFICIAL] I see an administrative nightmare
in allowing anyone to create their own t gTLD and it would cause a
security problem beyond comprehension. I believe everyone must
come together on this and move to the next level and decide an what
gTLD'S will be allowable and acceptable by everyone without as much
as a whimper.

I can see from the last 600 emails that this has really touched a sore spot,
once the agreement on the gTLD's has been reached then it will have to
be presented to ICANN. If you must rant at me please do it privately
not on the NANOG list, this would serve no useful purpose and I
would wind up losing a potentially valuable human source of information.

I am simply wanting to diffuse the current rant and get to a level where
this can be worked out for everyone's benefit and that no one is king
of the hill, and to eliminate any jealousy.

--

Thank you;