Metro area fiber market issues - May 2001 Cook Report contents

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Sat Mar 17 04:48:49 UTC 2001

********************************
The COOK Report on Internet 	May 2001 (Vol. 10, No. 2)
********************************

CONTENTS

LayerOne Gear in Telco Hotels Provides Cost Effective Optical
Interconnect for Carriers --- Ciena Core Director Provides Service
that Grooms Circuit Interconnection Between Fiber of Many Carriers,
pp. 1-14

Changing Bandwidth Provisioning Models in Metro Area Fiber Markets
--- Net Access Chooses Acquisition of Dark Fiber and Self Provisioned
Circuits Over Purchase of Shared Gig Ethernet Prices of Telseon and
Yipes! Viewed as Too High and Cogent's Business Model Seen to Be
Unsustainable, pp. 15 - 25

ICANN and Verisign in Alliance to Reinstate De-facto NSI Dot Com
Monopoly in Return For Financial Support of ICANN --- ICANN's Pattern
of Fraudulent and Deceitful Action Continues With Board's
Capitulation to Staff and Vint Cerf in Melbourne, pp. 26-35

Optical Border Gateway Protocol Now Internet Draft,  pp. 36 -37

Letter to the Editor: DANTE Objects to Description  by Kees Neggers, pp. 37 -38

Executive Summary, pp. 39-40

==================

COOK Report Summary or cookrepsum at compucomis.net is a distribution
list for the monthly free summary of the COOK Report on Internet.

You should expect to receive the monthly summary that is usually
between 7 and 15 thousand characters long. You may get one or two
other messages a month.  This list is intended for distribution and
not discussion. Anything posted to the list will bounce to me. I
regard this as an experiment and reserve the right at my discretion
to change list policy.

'subscribe cookrepsum' in the body.   To unsubscribe send mail to
majordomo at compucomis.net with 'unsubscribe cookrepsum" in the body

Full text of executive summary is also available at
http://cookreport.com/10.02.shtml

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) cook at cookreport.com   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com          For info on new report
go to  http://cookreport.com/lightipgige.shtml .  'Light IP & Gig E"  serves
as tutorial on on going economic model of Internet infrastructure - $375.00