Statements against new.net?

Clayton Fiske clay at bloomcounty.org
Fri Mar 16 17:06:57 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:05:15AM -0500, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> I buy that as a reason for you not to use them, and I buy that as a reason
> for me not to use them.
>
> I don't buy it as a reason to make what they're doing illegal, which is
> what a few in this discussion are advocating.
>
> That'd be like making IPX illegal, because it prevents those machines
> from properly interoperating with TCP/IP.

While I don't advocate making it illegal (well, not moreso than I do
for any other irresponsible act), your analogy misses the mark. I fail
to see how I could enter an IP address as a destination and have it go
to a different destination because the IPX network carried it there.

*waits for tongue-in-cheek replies about tunneling*

-c