Statements against new.net?

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Fri Mar 16 17:06:40 UTC 2001

OK here's an idea, everybody:

Since new.net (and others) seem to want to blatantly ignore the standards
set forth by the IETF, ICANN, and others, why don't we "bend" the standards
and stack the deck in our own favor?  Let's all make our own DNS servers
authoritative for "new.net."  And, to prevent people from finding out the
IP addresses and getting to new.net that way, either blackhole the routes,
or add host routes on your LAN that points to some www server/page that
points out why what new.net is doing is a Bad Thing.

We need new TLDs in order to support the growth of the internet.  However,
we don't need to do it the way new.net is, and they need to be nipped in
the bud.

Jeff

--
"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.