I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Fri Mar 16 15:03:34 UTC 2001

Sean:
  Yes, but... Now don't get me wrong, my offer to let new.net pay me to
screw up our DNS was mostly toung-in-cheek. However, we are all slaves to
the ecconomics of this business. I'm sure something is changing hands to
establish the aliances they already have. At what price point are you
willing to cooperate and if doing so enables you to expand or provide
other services for your customers, isn't that the right thing to do?
  On another tangent, as much money as these people seem to throw away, I
doubt they have enough to pay every significant network sufficiently to
gain their cooperation. Realizing that, the only rational thing to do is
to gain the cooperation of some key networks as leverage to force other
competing services into submission. Frankly, that kind of approach sets me
off pretty quick and my natural reaction is to get in their face and
become a roadblock. Still, if I was one of the few selected ones
benifitting from this rollout, I'd be working to see it succeed
also. Could that be why we see what appears to be competing opinions on
this topic?

Chuck