Statements against new.net?

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Fri Mar 16 03:20:55 UTC 2001

Wrongo, a routable portable IP block is MUCH more desireable than a
non-routable one. This usually means legacy space. ISP specific and CIDR
swamps are not cool. It must be portable and routable. See, I just created a
market differentiator. Rather, I pointed one out. In the DNS world, it's
specific string, in the IP-block world, it's the attributes associated with
the particular block.

BTW, i've been getting comments that some folks are biasing evaluations of
some clients, based on the ip addrs of the client's hosts. They know which
ones are in AboveNet,  ELI, etc co-lo's.