I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

Simon Higgs simon at higgs.com
Fri Mar 16 03:01:20 UTC 2001

At 03:10 PM 3/15/01 -0800, you wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 03:11:16PM -0500, Jeff Workman had this to say:
> >
> > All internet users should see the exact same namespace in the DNS system,
> > regardless of what nameservers they use, or which provider they connect
> > through.  With minor differences due to TTLs that have yet to expire,
> etc.,
> > of course.
>
>EXACTLY. I don't know why this is such a difficult point to get across.

It's because you are aware of the consequences. Creative marketing types
are often not aware of anything beyond the brand idea itself and what's for
lunch. It's just a matter of education.

But, of course, the proof is seen in the doing. Network managers having to
deal with extra help desk loads caused by someone else's problem isn't an
ironed out situation.

Sometimes these visible conflicts make a better end result if the conflicts
are ironed out to everyone's satisfaction early.

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--
It's a feature not a bug...