I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Thu Mar 15 23:36:34 UTC 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 03:11:16PM -0500, Jeff Workman wrote:

> All internet users should see the exact same namespace in the DNS system,
> regardless of what nameservers they use, or which provider they connect
> through.

Why?  If somebody else wants to see something different than you see,
who are you to tell them they can't?

Does this mean people also aren't allowed to use services such as MAPS,
ORBS, or local /etc/hosts files that cause them to resolve a different
address for a given DNS name, so as to prevent reception of spam?

If you are going to magnanimously allow people to do this, what is it
about new.net's services that is an exception to their free choice?