(Seriously Off Topic) Inadvertent names

hardie at equinix.com hardie at equinix.com
Thu Mar 15 17:20:49 UTC 2001

> valiant hackery is the prelude to spectacular demise.
>
> --
> Sam Thomas
> Geek Mercenary

Not only is this a good quote, I think the name "Valiant Hackery"
would make a great character name for someone in a gothic novel.

Possibly because one of my grandmothers collected odd names as a
hobby, I've always found this kind of indadvertant name creation
interesting.  The logical extension of it has been taken by the author
of novel all of whose characters are named for the exits along I-65
between Birmingham and Mobile, AL.  Since these are usually the small
towns directly east and west of the route, you get results like
"Jemeson Thorsby".

Did I mention this was off-topic?
				regards,
					Ted