Statements against new.net?

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Thu Mar 15 14:09:37 UTC 2001

At 23:39 14/03/01 -0800, Stephen Stuart wrote:

> > Do you see many scandals around people who own cool IP addresses? :)
>
>IIRC, there was an "issue" around the assignment of 16.1.16.1; I don't
>think lawyers had been invented back then, so the scope of the scandal
>remained relatively small.

Lets see, the US gov't mandated phone number portability.  How long will it
be before they mandate IP address portability?  Then everyone will want
their /32 to be portable.  Even Junipers handling of 2.4M prefixes:
http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?site=testing&doc_id=4009&page_number=10
will begin to buckle.

-Hank