Statements against new.net?

Simon Higgs simon at higgs.net
Wed Mar 14 20:08:12 UTC 2001

Hank,

We tell them to use the ORSC root as it is the most comprehensive one out
there. Once the collisions from New.net have been ironed out, the
non-colliding new TLDs will be put in the ORSC root if they are not already
there.

FYI, there's an IETF draft on the guidelines for avoiding multiple-root
collisions here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-higgs-root-defs-00.txt

Feedback welcome.

>Do any ISPs or web hosting companies have publically available statements
>on their web sites stating that they will not support the new new.net
>domains and why they won't?  I am getting more requests from users to
>change our DNS root servers to support this and wanted to see what others
>tell their users.  Any IETF/ICANN statement available?
>
>Thanks,
>Hank

Best Regards,

Simon

--
DNS is not a sacred cow that cannot be replaced by something better.