Statements against new.net?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Mar 14 19:27:59 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001, Mathew Butler wrote:
> Adrian: The key word is "cooperating".  New.net (and its brethren that are
> being born in technology incubators as we speak) are not "cooperating",
> they're intentionally "culture-jamming" for their own gain.

Strange .. three replies, three mis-interpratations from what
I meant. Ok, lets try to restate and clarify what I was trying
to say.

> Hrm. Somewhere along the line I remember the Internet being defined
> as a bunch of networks cooperating in order to exchange information.
>
> When did that change? :-)

I'm not referring to us cooperating with new.net . Thats so the
opposite scale of what I meant.

> I'll be happy when more companies start to see that they canactually
> make money by fostering internet growth rather than making money by
> abusing internet growth.

.. and new.net aren't fostering internet growth, are they? :)

When I said "a bunch of networks cooperating to exchange information"
this kind of includes having a consistent view of naming, a
unique view of address ranges and a standard set of protocols
between networks.

Now, when did *that* change?

Adrian, noting that he's a problem solver, not an english major..

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian at creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed