Statements against new.net?

Scott Francis scott at virtualis.com
Wed Mar 14 07:31:17 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 06:17:35PM +0800, Adrian Chadd had this to say:
> > Look: "Internet" its single, not plural that would be "Internets" there
> > are certain uniquenesses which must be maintained if you want all users on
> > "The Internet" to receive the same results no matter who's network they
> > are on.
>
> Hrm. Somewhere along the line I remember the Internet being defined
> as a bunch of networks cooperating in order to exchange information.

multiple networks, yes; but globally UNIQUE addresses _and_ globally unique domain names that map to those addresses. Otherwise, it's like if you went to buy a road map, and the street locations given on the map varied according to the company that published the map. Not knowing where you are going does no-one any good.

--
Scott Francis           scott@   [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst     darkuncle@   [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t