DECNet over IP?

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 16:30:22 UTC 2001

>Has anyone had any experience successfully getting native DECNet packets
>encapsulated in an IP packet and transmitted over an IP network? The
>solution I am trying to create will allow VAXes to continue to talk DECNet
>on their LANs and have the ability to communicate with DECNet areas on a WAN
>via IP. Essentially we are try to remove the DECNet protocol from our
>intranet while not disrupting location's DECNet configurations.

I've not tried it, but my gut reaction would be to use GRE tunnels. Have
you looked on cisco.com for sample configs?

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516
BBC Internet Services                | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/