Statements against new.net?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Mar 14 10:17:35 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> You dont have to use ARIN/RIPE allocated IPs on your network, you can pick
> your own (non-RFC1918) addresses just dont advertise them, but again what
> good is that to users on my network who wont be able to see the sites.
>
> Look: "Internet" its single, not plural that would be "Internets" there
> are certain uniquenesses which must be maintained if you want all users on
> "The Internet" to receive the same results no matter who's network they
> are on.

Hrm. Somewhere along the line I remember the Internet being defined
as a bunch of networks cooperating in order to exchange information.

When did that change? :-)

I'll be happy when more companies start to see that they canactually
make money by fostering internet growth rather than making money by
abusing internet growth.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian at creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed