Statements against new.net?

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Tue Mar 13 22:04:03 UTC 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 06:23:57PM +0000, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> It is stupid and irresponsible to setup a new DNS root. End of story, read
> 2826.

Such reasoned and well thought out discussion points thrown out on NANOG?
I'm in shock.

> And.. if you let new.net do it then every other capitalist in the world
> will start doing it and then the Internet will become disfunctional, and
> what will that achieve?

Uhhh, so what if they do? Nobody is forcing you to use new.net, or ORSC
or TINC or whoever, or even setup your own roots with the "pick of the
bunch" from ORSC or TINC or whoever.

If you don't use the alternative roots, you're not affected by their
existance...  so you can just pretend they don't exist and live life in
your 2826 compliant happy world.

John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    john at sackheads.org
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954
        To send me mail, use the address in the From: header