DNS - Bind database / dns directly on a database

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sun Mar 11 19:34:15 UTC 2001

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 12:07:46PM -0500, mike harrison wrote:

> Ours is to integrated into too may other things to be useful by itself,
> but the DNS side was a solid weekend of coding: about 20hrs.
> but made my life easier and harder (I liked hand editing text files).

We have developed and are possibly open-sourcing an authoritative nameserver
that sits directly on any database you might have. Current backends include
mysql, pgsql, mssql/sybase, 'bind compatibility' and the very buzzword
compliant CORBA backend.

Should anybody be interested or have ideas, please let me know.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People