NetSol Host Changes, NetSol Problems

Andy Ellifson andy at vwsi.net
Thu Mar 8 16:39:56 UTC 2001

I am trying to make a name and IP address change to one of my DNS
hosts.  The template is filled out correctly and set to modify as
opposed to new.  Every time I send a template in to NetSol, it comes
back:

ERROR: host <newhostname.domain.com> not registered

Duah! I know its not registered because I'm trying to update the current
host to become the new host.  The last time I did this about 7 months
ago I had the same problem.  I called NetSol and they pushed the change
through.  Now I have called and spoken to two different agents.  They
open up a case and say that I'm filling out the form wrong and send me
a  new form (which I never get).  I tried to call back today and their
lines are busy.

Anyone have any hints to changing a host NIC record?  Besides creating a
new host and updating the DNS on ALL the domain names?  I'd like to
change this host DNS stuff sometime this year.

Andy Ellifson