new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Wed Mar 7 22:38:47 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 11:57:26AM -0600, John A. Tamplin wrote:

> name (I am making no judgement on how close UDRP is to that ideal).  By
> that criteria, I am sure that if you tried to start a company or magazine
> named "Walmart Sucks" you would hear from their lawyers and they would be
> equally successful.

I think you should check out some of the many domains 2600 magazine has
managed to successfully keep.  It numbers into the hundreds.

Most of them are variations on "companynamesucks.com" and
"companynamereallysucks.com", with quite a few "fuckcompany.com" thrown
in.

My favorite is "verizonshouldspendmoretimefixingtheirnetworkandlessmoneyonlawyers.com".