new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

Christopher A. Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Wed Mar 7 16:17:54 UTC 2001

I know a guy whose name happens to be the same as a popular British
designer clothing line. For privacy purposes, I'll call him, and the
designer, Joe Blow. He owns and uses joeblow.com, and the designer has
a website at joeblow.co.uk. But now the designer has decided that they
want joeblow.com, and are sending in the landsharks.

If he can weather the legal storm, I think he'll win, because (a) it's him
name and (b) he's actively using the domain. Have there been any cases of
the original owner losing in a similar scenario?

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		rekoil at semihuman.com

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B