BGP deployment

Ankur Goyal Ankur at coronanetworks.com
Wed Mar 7 03:58:39 UTC 2001

	Short time listener & first time caller.
	I have some questions regarding, the kind of configuration that is
typically done, on a BGP-enabled router sitting at the edge of the network.
My questions may have already been answered earlier, if that's the case,
then someone please point me to the relevant mails...
	1. In general, how many BGP peers should an edge router be capable
	of handling, more specifically, how many E-BGP peers
	and how many I-BGP peers are typically incident on one edge router.
	2. In most situations the routes to the stub networks are manually
injected into BGP.
	I feel that's the most common scenario but was wondering if running
some IGP
	between the stub network and the provider edge router and then
importing the routes
	from this IGP into BGP is also common ? Is this also done frequently
enough ?
	Another option could be to run a BGP session between the stub
network and
	provider edge router. Is this preffered ?
	Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.
	--Ankur