new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

Anne Marcel marcel at our.domaintje.com
Wed Mar 7 01:15:53 UTC 2001

Hi,

  This doesn't look like a root hijack, but more like the preperations for
a hostile take over of part of the domain name system.

  All that's missing are the free services offered under the new naming
scheme and some marketing hype.

  Once they manage to get a large established user base they will probably
turn to ICANN to try and 'negotiate' a merger of both DNS trees.

  Or perhaps I'm just being paranoid.

- marcel