new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Tue Mar 6 18:00:38 UTC 2001

Rich Sena wrote:

> Definately not recently... sounds klike the smoke and mirros has cleared a
> bit eh?

Things have gotten tighter, to be sure.  The VC rounds I went through in '99
were definitely very different from the recent ones.

But recall that VCs are in the business of taking risks.  They figure that
they only need one in every few projects to be a hit for them to do well.
Naturally they don't plan on a project to fail (although some may appear
that way to outside observers).

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"