Open Peers at PAIX

Paul Vixie vixie at mfnx.net
Fri Jun 29 06:22:56 UTC 2001

cnielsen at nielsen.net (Christian Nielsen) writes:

> if and when paix links to mae-west-ames, you can get a link to the FDDI
> exchange. there is always PBNap and MAE-WEST-ATM (tho I dont know the costs)

Won't work that way.  PAIX is locating a switch in Ames whenever the contracts
and fiber are complete.  Ames will likewise locate a switch at PAIX.  But it
will be two switching fabrics that are each extended to the other's colo area,
not one bridged switching fabric like MAE-W/Ames used to be.  Anyone who wants
to be on both fabrics will be able to do that by buying a port on each, which
will be possible in either the PAIX-PAO1, PAIX-SFO1, or Ames colo facilities.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie at eng.paix.net>
President, PAIX.Net Inc. (MFNX.O)