MIX status (Re: New NAP Opening in Miami this week)

Christian Kuhtz ck at arch.bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 28 21:47:56 UTC 2001

Hey gang,

perhaps I can add a little value to this conversation.  Dave Diaz's is
indeed correct, and Dan Golding ought to check his sources.

What's the status?

        In terms of core infrastructure, all 4 nodes are up and
        operational.  Yes, we are taking orders.

        Merit is installing RA software today, there was a delay with the
        agreement between Merit and us.  Last info I have is that the plan
        is to have public peering available in about a week or thereabouts.

	What else would you like to know?

Where can you get more info?

        I'm told that info at bellsouthmix.com or 1.866.554.6554 is a good
        place to go for further info (and check the website, too).  Please
        let me know if there's something glaringly missing.

        You can also contact me directly with any questions you may have
        and I'll try to answer them or find somebody who can.

I think there's still quite a bit of confusion about services offered thru
the MIX.  And there's a on-going effort to try to compare the MIX to NOTA
as an apples to apples comparison.

Well, it's really not that simple.  Sorry.

Go ahead, and blame us engineers for trying to come up with something cool,
different, and innovative. ;-)

Cheers,
Chris

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck at arch.bellsouth.net> -wk, <ck at gnu.org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.