Global BGP - 2001-06-23 - Vendor X's statement...

Matt Levine matt at deliver3.com
Wed Jun 27 17:21:20 UTC 2001

Jim,
	Agreed, so throw the bad route to the bit bucket and leave the bgp
session open, or at the very least (as others have suggested) give me
an OPTION to do that.  Bad enough we were only operating at 33%
capacity, however, if we only had transit from the 4 that were giving
us the bad route, we would have lost connectivity totally.  While it
would've been really cool to post an outage notification bragging
about our RFC compliance, and how it's everybody elses fault, I
(personally) would have preferred to stay connected to the internet
and not be losing revenue.  Perhaps I just have my priorities wrong.

Matt

- --
Matt Levine
@Home: matt at deliver3.com