SBC forcing new contract on ISPs

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Mon Jun 25 18:41:10 UTC 2001

Under the existing contract, we were given the choice, and it makes no
significant difference.  We chose to allow SBC (ASI, actually) to bill
the customer for the loop, so that we would not have to worry about the
$125 early cancellation fee.  That would be between ASI and the customer.

The new contract forces us to bill for the circuit, which I don't have a
problem with, especially since the early cancellation fee has gone away.
The issue is that ASI wants to have the exclusive right to offer other
services over that circuit that *I* own.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412
For PGP key: finger bruce at greatbasin.net