BGP instability (was Re: Exodus Down)

Rich Fulton rich at nullroute.net
Sun Jun 24 04:00:39 UTC 2001

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Vivien M. wrote:

> Hmmmmm... You somehow found a way to get this information without agreeing
> to the NDA? Impressive. (For the people around here who aren't Exodus
> customers: subscribing to their network engineering/outage list
> theoretically implies agreeing to an NDA, which is presumably why no one
> here mentioned this)

it is a mailing list.  that's it.  also, a subscription is a farily
trivial task.  hardly impressive.

the following != "implies agreeing to an NDA" ??

The Backbone Engineering Team of Exodus (BENGI) operates a one-way mailing
list which is tied into our ticketing system.  This mailing list is used
for intradepartmental communication, as well as communication to our
customers and other ISPs of the following topics:

RESTRICTIONS OF USE

Any individual is allowed to be on the network list, however, certain
restrictions do exist:

        1.  The list is a one-way forum.  Group replies to the list, or
        mail sent from people other than Exodus BENGI employees is
        strictly prohibited.
        2.  Exodus makes no guarantee of the accuracy and/or timeliness
        of the information posted to the list.
        3.  The information received via the list is considered
        confidential information, not to be reproduced in any form
        without prior written approval of Exodus.
        4.  Questions regarding the information posted on the list
        cannot be answered at this time.  The information is deemed as
        best available, and any further information will be made
        available to the list.