BGP instability (was Re: Exodus Down)

Vivien M. vivienm at dyndns.org
Sun Jun 24 02:49:21 UTC 2001

Hmmmmm... You somehow found a way to get this information without agreeing
to the NDA? Impressive. (For the people around here who aren't Exodus
customers: subscribing to their network engineering/outage list
theoretically implies agreeing to an NDA, which is presumably why no one
here mentioned this)

That's a minor thing, though. More importantly:
a) Slashdot and co went down way before this Exodus BGP business
b) Slashdot and friends seem very singlehomed to me (and using Exodus IP
space, too), so I don't see why they'd be speaking BGP to Exodus
c) Some very specific areas of Exodus' network are affected, not wlhm01.
d) Slashdot and co's _network_ seemed up fine... at least some of it. Right
now, interestingly enough, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thus, I don't see the link between the Exodus BGP thing and the
Slashdot/Freshmeat/etc. outage.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.