IP Addresses for collocation

Krzysztof Adamski k at adamski.org
Fri Jun 22 02:06:25 UTC 2001

If you can get your hands on a portable /24 from the swamp, you will not
need to speak BGP with your colo provider. Simply have it in your contract
that they will advertise the /24 for you, and route it to your port on the
switch/router. Any colo provider that would refuse to advertise a portable
/24 for a customer is not worth bothering with.

How to get your hands on a portable /24 is left as an exercise to the
reader :-)

BTW how much would you be willing to pay for a /24?