Deaggregation of class B..

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Thu Jun 21 17:26:41 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:20:45AM -0700, Bleetzin Boopzin wrote:
> Can anyone offer some advice on how to explain to my
> boss that further deaggregating and spreading little
> announcements of our class B to different ISPs all
> over the world is a bad idea?  Are there any specific
> web page references or previous NANOG posts that
> accurately explain the risks/implications from an
> objective viewpoint?

one of my clients tried that, and they were overwhelmed by places that
they couldn't connect to because various upstreams were ditching the
subnets of classful class-b's.

if you are going to do this, you better advertise and aggregate /16, so
that these people will in fact get where they are going.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]