Intellectual Property Claim Service for .BIZ

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Wed Jun 13 14:22:41 UTC 2001

why aren't you signing your nasty condescending note with your
NeuLevel employee status Eric?

Eric Brunner-Williams                  NeuStar, Inc.
Senior Technical Industry Liaison      http://www.neustar.com
Phone: (Portland, ME) +1.207.xxx.xxxx  (Washington, DC) +1.202.533.2600/2975
smail: 1415 Forest Ave. 04103          1120 Vermont Ave. N.W., Ste 400, 20005
email: brunner at nic-naa.net             ebw at neustar.com

from another list yesterday

At 04:40 PM 6/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>          One and the same.
>

>At 03:59 PM 6/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>Is this the "native rights" Eric Brunner?

Fasten your seats then this is gonna be a rough ride.

I guess it's like what somebody told me about setting up a bar,
the first thing you do is get a big bouncer.

=======================

I'll leave it to others on Nanog to consider whether your ability to
have a reasoned exchange of information fits the above description.

consider yourself filtered Eric  <plonk>

>Chuck,
>
>I'll stick to the factual errors.
>
>>  One, that you correctly predict all creative constructions of domain
>>  names that may conflict with your mark.
>
>The IP Claim service we deployed is for exact match, strcmp() returning 0.
>
>Your items two and three are speculative, and anyone can speculate, which
>may be the root problem.
>
>Your conclusion (based upon one factual error and two speculative claims)
>is contradicted by the experience with the URDP, and as the study was done
>by academics (and fairly interesting, covering the major modes of DRP and
>the outcome distributions) you may want to fix their methodology, data and
>conclusions [1].
>
>>  So, if you want my proposal ...
>
>Only 2 boundary conditions removed: existance of ICANN, existance of marks.
>
>Neat. I'd have gone for gravity myself, it is such a bother.
>
>>  I hope that was interesting enough.
>
>Fairly lame actually, on par with Jim Fleming's v8 cure for what ails the net
>as a reality-based proposal, and dull-as-ditchwater/common-as-crud as netzine
>sceanery.
>
>Do your "business associates and perhaps [your] customers" give a fig about
>your irrepressible vision and truth of DNS reform? Why? Are they bored?
>
>Feel free to have the last word, its your scam. Follow-ups to the NANFG list.
>
>Eric

>[1] Preliminary Report from Max Planck Institute on UDRP study, ICANN
>     DNSO Intellectual Property Constituency Meeting, Stockholm, 1 June
>     2001.

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) cook at cookreport.com   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com          For info on new Ethernet
in the First Mile and 10 Gig E issue go to  http://cookreport.com/10.04.shtml
Single issues may be purchased for  $125 or $250 for single or group  use