HTML-format postings

Andy Bradford bradipo at xmission.com
Fri Jun 8 02:19:56 UTC 2001

Thus said "M. David Leonard" on Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:10:05 EDT:

> 	Am I the only one who objects to HTML-formatted postings on a
> listserv?  I thought there was a rule that postings should be in plain
> text.  Am I mistaken?

You are not the only one who objects.  Alas, it is getting harder and
harder to convince people of the benefits of this.  My general rule is
that if it has a text/plain part along with the HTML then I might read
it.  If it is HTML-only without the accompanying text/plain then I
simply discard the message without further wasting of time. :-)

Andy
  8:19pm  up 29 days, 22:57,  7 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.11, 1.16