C&W Network

Moe Allen moe at vidnet.net
Fri Jun 8 01:09:34 UTC 2001

06.07.01

Well, after another great phone call with the Cable & Wireless staff, I have
to agree with Sean.  C&W is now informing their ISP's with T1 connections
that C&W is going to be disconnecting the T1's that are currently being used
and "Cut Over" to a much better C&W (New) network. C&W will setup a time
that this is going to occur.

As the conversation goes,  this is going to be a much faster and better
network.  Since C&W provides us with our T1 backbone, I had to ask.  What is
going on?  Is this (New) network,  going to just be an ATM circuit or what?
It appears that no one has an answer.  They were just told to contact us or
in our case this was a letter in our statement, which indicated we needed to
contact C&W, ASAP.  It went on to say, in so many words, failure to contact
C&W could cause the "Cut Over" to occur,  without notice.

After what has occurred this week, it really makes you worry.  What is C&W
up to?  And is this going to be good for my business?  Or, we're going to
get the shaft, as the song goes.  Anyone else heard anything about this New
and Improved, faster network that C&W is telling us about?

Just a thought...
Morris Allen
VidcomNet, Inc.