C&W Perring

Moe Allen moe at vidnet.net
Wed Jun 6 18:39:03 UTC 2001

MessageAccording to the C&W engineer I spoke with,  C&W stopped announcing its routes.  So PSINET was unable to find the peering routers.  (deaf, dumb and blind).  A meeting was held last night between the two and a temporary agreement was reached.  Part of this agreement was that all routes would be back in place by morning.  Which they were.  They agreed that over the next 60 days they would meet and try to work out an more lasting agreement (what ever that means) to prevent this from occurring again.

Now that is the official words.  Here is my opinion.  Customers like my company, after getting slapped in the face last night with that crappy e-mail, responded like I did.  Either fix it or we would be order new T1's to replace C&W's.  This is exactly what I told them.  We are paying them good money to C&W and none of their customer base was even questioned how this would affect our local business.  I must tell you I really pissed this morning when they called me. It must have done some good.
Respectfully,
Morris Allen
VidcomNet, Inc.