C&W Peering

Travis Pugh tpugh at shore.net
Mon Jun 4 22:55:11 UTC 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> > this is certainly not the cleanest way to settle a contract dispute,
>
> but it is a damn good way to invite regulation. "The stability of the
> Internet is a national concern" will be the sound-bite.

Yuck.  I was interviewed by the GAO a few months back (they wanted to talk
to little players about the transit market) and was worrying that the feds
wanted to mandate interconnection policies in one form or another ... we
certainly don't want to encourage that kind of behavior.  However, it
seems reasonable that if we can't regulate ourselves someone else is going
to do it for us.

-travis