C&W Peering

Vivien M. vivienm at dyndns.org
Mon Jun 4 22:22:07 UTC 2001

It can get much more interesting if PSI/Sprint peering was to go down, since
at least one provider (whom I won't name, but most people probably can guess
who I'm talking about) with some large datacenters (and big customers in
those datacenters) uses Sprint to reach PSI, probably ever since PSI
attempted to charge the provider with the large datacenters for peering with
them. (Another similar large datacenter provider uses Verio to reach PSI, I
believe)

I suppose now PSI gets to learn the hard way what happens when they scared
half their peers away (to be polite...), and now find that a bunch of the
other half are now turning down their PSI peering links. (BTW, has it been
established here whether PSI or CW is to blame for this?)

I really really hope that no one still resells PSI dialups, otherwise their
tech support lines could be very very busy very soon.

Oh, and FYI, a friend also in the UK using PSI reports the same thing you're
reporting... no trace of the CW network from there.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
vivienm at dyndns.org