ORBS go bye bye?

Joe Abley jabley at automagic.org
Mon Jun 4 19:23:23 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:15:14PM -0400, Eric Whitehill wrote:
> Anyone know what happened to ORBS?  I can't get their web page - all I get
> is "Due to circumstances beyond our control, the ORBS website is no longer
> available."

Manawatu Internet Services, the ISP owned and operated by Alan Brown
which hosted ORBS, has gone out of business.

There was a court case between Telecom NZ and Actrix involving ORBS,
which may also have some bearing, but the closure of MIS is the only
factual-looking data I have seen (see below).

----- Forwarded message from Matt Camp <gargoyle at noise.net.nz> -----