ORBS go bye bye?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Jun 4 18:23:18 UTC 2001

At 02:15 PM 6/4/2001 -0400, Eric Whitehill wrote:

>Anyone know what happened to ORBS?  I can't get their web page - all I get
>is "Due to circumstances beyond our control, the ORBS website is no longer
>available. "

Alan Brown posted some very terse comments and shut ORBS down.
no explicit reason was given, but there were apparently a lot
of things going on.

in the absence of ORBS, MAPS RSS is about the only thing going
for open relay tracking right now. there has been some rumor of
other services appearing, but no solid details.

richard

Richard Welty                                 rwelty at averillpark.net
Averill Park Networking -- Network Engineering, Software Development
http://www.averillpark.net/                             518-573-7592