A moment of silence.

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Mon Jun 4 00:11:05 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 09:27:15PM +0100, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> Could Worldcom be doing a phased shutdown? (Presumably this would be
> obvious to anyone who still has a live FDDI connection)

Seems like it.  Compare:

  <http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.mae.net/FDDI/east.map.htm>

...to:

  <http://www.mae.net/FDDI/east.map.htm>

and note the absence of giga3 and 7.

Of course, this doesn't provide an accurate list of people connected
to the MAE FDDI using non-Worldcom-maintained switches.  And there's
always the possibility that some of this decrease can be attributed to
service providers, not Worldcom, pulling the plug on their MAE FDDI
connections.

That said, I do find this mildly interesting.

-adam