Broadwing

Christian Nielsen cnielsen at nielsen.net
Fri Jul 27 19:59:14 UTC 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Karyn Ulriksen wrote:

> Just remember that Broadwing is not actually a Tier 1 provider.  They
> are a Tier 2 striving to become a Tier 1.  When I was looking at them,
> I found that you could obtain just as good or better pricing from an
> actual Tier 1 provider.  Check out Exodus, Verio, and Genuity.  Last I
> checked they were offering some seriously competitive pricing on OCs.

what does Tier1 have to do with anything? it JUST might be a good thing to
be able to have a default route to another player if things start
breaking. the other providers are good, but i dont think tier1,2,3 matter
anymore. what should matter is how they are connected and if they will
have latency on any of their links or links to other players.

Christian